Robert Triggs / Android Authority
- A new leak suggests that iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, and iPhone 15 Pro pricing is expected to remain the same as their predecessors.
- However, the iPhone 15 Pro Max is expected to see a $100 price increase.
We’re surprisingly excited about the iPhone 15 series, and a large part of this excitement comes from the switchover of iPhones to USB-C that will make life easier for many people worldwide. Plenty of other more minor changes are expected across the board, though in typical Apple fashion, a good number of upgrades will be reserved for the Pro lineup. Ominously, a new leak suggests that this could push up the prices of the iPhone 15 Pro Max by a good $100, making it the most expensive iPhone officially released by Apple.
However, the iPhone 15 Pro Max is expected to increase by $100, reflecting the increased production costs for its high-cost periscope zoom lens. Surprisingly, Apple is expected to retain the 128GB storage variant on its Pro iPhones.
As a result, this is the pricing matrix they are predicting for the iPhone 15 series:
- iPhone 15: 128GB for $799; 256GB for $899; 512GB for $1,099.
- iPhone 15 Plus: 128GB for $899; 256GB for $999; 512GB for $1,199.
- iPhone 15 Pro: 128GB for $999; 256GB for $1,099; 512GB for $1,299; 1TB for $1,499.
- iPhone 15 Pro Max: 128GB for $1,199; 256GB for $1,299; 512GB for $1,499; 1TB for $1,699.
For reference, the iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, and iPhone 14 Pro currently cost the same as above. However, the iPhone 14 Pro Max is presently $100 cheaper at $1,099/$1,199/$1,399/$1,599.
Apple usually keeps the older base iPhone around and gives it a price cut. So once the new iPhone 15 series is launched, you can expect the iPhone 14 to be available for cheaper.
Beyond the pricing, the research firm has a few other predictions beyond the obvious USB-C. In line with previous leaks from other sources, it predicts a significant camera upgrade to a 48MP sensor and a display with Dynamic Island for the iPhone 15 and 15 Plus. The Pro and Pro Max are expected to get a titanium-aluminum alloy frame, processor upgrades, and more RAM.