As time goes on, improvements keep coming in to back up the way people tap into the sun’s energy. Solar panels aren’t enough anymore, and so different supplements are making their way into the scene.
The most important is the solar battery. It comes in various packages but performs the general function of storing power for later purposes. So solar batteries are more or less storage devices for electricity that can’t be used at that particular moment.
This gives homeowners a new means of utilising solar energy without the risk of wastage. It also means they can take advantage of the excess electricity in times when the panels aren’t generating enough, e.g. during rainy days.
Solar batteries are vital because, without them, any excess electricity generated goes straight to the grid. Imagine having solar panels, but most of the power generated is getting used by others. At the same time, solar batteries are safe for use and storage, making them household-friendly.
Types of Solar Battery Technology
There are two major solar battery technologies found in companies like The Solar Co that are employed for everyday use: lithium-ion and lead-acid.
Lithium-ion Solar Batteries
These are the more expensive types and certainly come with bigger perks than lead-acid batteries. They’re appreciated for their longer durability and compatibility. At the same time, lithium-ion solar batteries can store more power, making them good value for the money.
Though they’re known for their shorter lifespan and power generation, they have the benefit of being home-friendly. They are also inexpensive, making them a good fit for most off-the-grid power usage.
Benefits of Solar Batteries
At this point, it’s clear how much of a game-changer solar batteries are. The following further prove the benefits of using a solar battery:
- Medium for Storing Excess Power: their most important advantage is that customers can use them to store electricity generated from solar energy. That way, you reduce the amount of power wasted or sent to the grid.
- Reduced Impact of Light Outages: This is especially handy in situations where there’s no power in the grid, and you need to power your household. Homeowners are no longer stranded or over-reliant on the power grid.
- Works Even When the Sun Isn’t Working: dark days will come, and seasons change. There won’t always be sun in the sky, so having a solid backup option for days like that goes a long in sustaining the power in your home.
- Reduced Carbon Footprint: solar batteries, just like the panels, are loved for their clean and green power efficiency. It further reduces the need to burn fossil fuels which is a step in the right direction in reducing the carbon footprint on the planet.
- Noiseless Option: most substitutes for power grids are known for the noise they generate. These include diesel and petroleum-powered generators. But in the case of solar batteries, you’re getting a clean and noiseless alternative.
Solar batteries are essential for getting the best out of your panels. They help improve power efficiency and overall power capacity.