Table of Contents
If you’re tired of waking up to a not-so-gentle buzz, it’s time to change your alarm settings. In this guide, I’ll walk you through the steps to disable the alarm vibration on your iPhone. Because who needs a jolt when you’re trying to ease into the day? Without any further ado, let’s get started!
How to disable vibration for alarm in Clock app on iPhone
- Launch the Clock app on your iPhone.
- Tap Edit from the top-left corner.
Alternatively, you can tap the saved alarm itself.
- Select an alarm → Choose Sound to proceed.
- Go to the top of the next menu and tap Haptics → Choose None.
- Now head back to the main interface → Tap Save from the top-right corner to confirm changes.
Note: If you have set up multiple alarms on your device, you must repeat this process for the rest as well. It works on an individual basis.
Those who wish to permanently disable the vibration haptics for their device, regardless of the task, can refer to the steps outlined below.
How to disable Haptics on iPhone
- Access the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap Sound & Haptics from the menu.
- Select the Haptics option to proceed.
- Finally, choose Never Play to change your preferences.
Note: Upon complying with these steps, your device will not vibrate for any alerts. This goes for incoming calls and notifications as well.
Why must you consider disabling vibration in the iPhone?
Several factors come into play when contemplating the necessity of disabling vibration in an iPhone. Let’s take a peek through all of them:
- As vibrations consume a lot of energy, they may reduce battery life and require frequent recharging.
- It is also important to consider the likelihood of distractions and interruptions caused by vibration during meetings or professional settings.
- Disabling vibration prevents sound and vibration alerts that may disclose confidential information to unintended recipients.
Considering these reasons, disabling vibration in the iPhone results in a more customized experience for diverse users.
No, turning off vibration only disables the physical vibration feedback when your alarm goes off. The sound of the alarm will remain active, allowing you to wake up to your preferred alarm tone.
Yes, even if your iPhone is on silent mode, the alarm will still sound unless you’ve muted the alarm sound as well.
Sleep tight, wake right!
By disabling the vibration for your iPhone alarm clock, you’ve taken control of your mornings and bid farewell to those unexpected shakes. Now, wake up gently, rise and shine at your own pace. Your iPhone is now your ally in a peaceful start to the day.
Thank you for reading. Please take a moment to share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more.
Yash is a driven individual with a passion for technology and its impact on our world. His aim is to educate and inform others about the newest advancements in technology and how they can benefit society. In consonance, he is deeply indulged in anime and Marvel Cinematic Universe, if not writing.