Table of Contents
Portrait mode is a great way to take stunning photos with your iPhone 15, but what if you already have a photo that you want to convert to portrait mode? Don’t worry, it’s easy to do! In this article, I’ll demonstrate how you can convert normal photos to portraits with iPhone 15 series in just a few steps.
How to convert existing photo to portrait on iPhone
- Launch the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Select any normal photo of your choice.
- Tap the icon indicating the portrait symbol from the top-left corner.
In case you’re editing a live photo, tap the Live icon.
- Select Portrait to make the changes.
Wait a few moments for the changes to take place.
In case you change your mind, you can revert the changes by following the same procedure.
Wait, that’s not it. If you have a picture with lots of people photobombing your smile, the iPhone 15 series presents a new way to solve this problem for you.
How to apply portrait effect to photos taken on iPhone
- Simply select a picture in the Photos app.
- Tap Edit → Select the Portrait factor at the bottom left.
- Simply swipe left the slider as per your convenience to imply a depth effect on the image.
- Now, tap anywhere on the image to lay emphasis.
If you prefer, you can shift the focus from the subject to the background as well to get an aesthetically enriched image.
Benefits of editing photos in portrait mode on iPhone
With the release of the iPhone 15 series, users can simply turn any image into portrait with one tap. There is no need to add extra equipment or image editing apps.
As a result, understanding how to tweak the Portrait mode can yield remarkable benefits for professional photographers and avid smartphone users alike. Such as:
- By adjusting the aperture and lighting in portrait mode, users can capture stunning images similar to those of high-end DSLR cameras.
- A fine-tuned depth of field can enhance the subject’s visibility, enabling it to stand out from a beautifully blurred background.
- Portrait mode also provides built-in editing tools that enable users to create professional-quality portraits post-capture seamlessly.
- In addition, the ability to manipulate studio-quality lighting effects gives artists unprecedented creative control over light sources and shadow patterns.
Overall, these advanced features in portrait mode make the iPhone a powerful tool for professionals seeking superior image quality on the go.
In my experience, both versions of pictures look very alike. There might be a subtle difference depending on the situation, but that, too, is negligible.
Yes, the portrait mode can be applied to both human and non-human subjects, adding a touch of artistry to a wide range of photos.
Portrait mode is a camera feature on the iPhone that produces a depth-of-field effect. This effect blurs the background of a photo while keeping the subject in sharp focus. Conversely, normal photo mode on the iPhone does not create a depth-of-field effect.
Un-Blur your way into beauty!
And there you have it, folks. Transforming ordinary snapshots into mesmerizing portraits is just a few taps away. Armed with your iPhone and a newfound set of skills, you’re now equipped to add a touch of professional flair to your photo gallery. So, go ahead, explore, experiment, and let your creativity run wild. Remember, the next masterpiece might be just a click away.
Thank you for reading. Do let us know what you think of this iPhone 15 series exclusive feature.
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more.
Yash is a driven individual with a passion for technology and its impact on our world. His aim is to educate and inform others about the newest advancements in technology and how they can benefit society. In consonance, he is deeply indulged in anime and Marvel Cinematic Universe, if not writing.