Table of Contents
Indeed, we all found the most precious friendship of our lives on Facebook. However, I am equally sure about you meeting people who discomforted you. To get rid of them instantly, you may block or unfriend that Facebook friend. If you are still unaware, this guide teaches you how to block and unfriend people on Facebook on iPhone or iPad.
Difference between blocking or unfriending someone on Facebook
While block and unfriend are designed to ensure privacy, their core purposes are unique. Here’s what they mean to you:
- Unfriend: When you unfriend someone on Facebook, the person gets removed from your FB friend list, and you will be removed from theirs, too. However, they can still view your profile and send you friend requests.
- Block: If you permanently block someone on Facebook, the person won’t be able to see your profile, tag you, start a conversation, invite you to events, or even send you a friend request. Also, you can check who viewed your Facebook profile and then block the suspicious people.
How to unfriend people on Facebook on iPhone or iPad
- Launch the Facebook app.
- In the Search bar, type the profile name you want to unfriend.
- Tap Friends → Choose Unfriend from the menu.
- Select OK in the pop-up.
When someone unfriends you on Facebook, you are not notified. However, there is a trick to see who unfriended you on Facebook. To add them to your friend list again, you must send a fresh friend request.
How to block someone on Facebook on iPhone or iPad
There are two ways to block friends on Facebook on iPhone. You can pick either of the options to permanently block someone on Facebook.
Method 1: From the user profile
- Go to Facebook → Visit the profile you want to block.
- Tap the ellipsis icon → Navigate to Block.
- Select Block from the pop-up to confirm.
- Move to the Menu icon from your Facebook Home page.
- Tap Settings & Privacy → Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the Audience and Visibility section → Hit Blocking.
- Tap Add to blocked list.
- Type the profile name in the Search bar you are willing to block.
- Tap Block next to the profile name.
Alternatively, you can tap on the profile name.
- Select Block again in the pop-up.
Bonus: Block messages and calls on Facebook Messenger on iPhone
If you are bothered by someone’s spam texts or continuous calls but still want to see their updates on Facebook, you can do so.
- Open Messenger → Go to the chat you want to block.
- Tap the profile name.
- Scroll down and select Block.
- Choose Block messages and calls → Tap Block.
How to unblock someone on Facebook on iPhone or iPad
- Go to Blocking from Facebook settings.
A list of all the profiles blocked by you appears on the screen.
- Select Unblock against the profile you want to unblock.
- Tap Unblock again in the pop-up.
Once you unblock someone on Facebook on your iPhone, you must wait for the next 48 hours to block them again. If blocking seems too much, you may take a break from someone on Facebook.
Facebook lets you make social interactions, share your personal experiences, and build connections with others. But sometimes, things don’t go well with your Facebook friends or followers. Instead of bothering yourself, block or unfriend such people using the steps mentioned in this guide.
If you found my article helpful, do let me know in the comments section. I would love to hear from you.
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more.